iSPERSE (inhaled small particles easily respirable and emitted) is a proprietary, dry powder technology developed, patented and validated by our team of scientists and engineers to dramatically improve the treatment of serious pulmonary disease. iSPERSE particles are engineered to be small, dense and easily dispersible The iSPERSE technology solves limitations of conventional lactose blend and metered dose inhaler technologies:
We have compiled a comprehensive dataset establishing the many enabling capabilities of iSPERSE compared to conventional technologies:
- iSPERSE particles do not require lactose or other carriers and can be engineered to include <1% to greater than 80% API to allow for dosing of low potency and high drug load therapeutics
- iSPERSE powders are manufactured by a scalable and reproducible one-step spray drying process with high and consistent yields. Formulations are created independent of API physical chemistry in either crystalline or amorphous excipient matrices.
- iSPERSE formulations are dispersible across a range of flow rates with consistent emitted dose and particle size. Performance across flow rates provides reliable dose delivery across patient populations and reduces patient-to-patient variability.
- iSPERSE enables delivery of antibodies, peptides and nucleic acids across a range of drug loads and with robust product performance.
- iSPERSE creates homogenous particles including excipients and API. Dual and triple iSPERSE combinations have been manufactured to date.
- iSPERSE dry powders are compatible with a range of inhalers, allowing for a product’s configuration to be tailored to the specific needs of a patient population.
- iSPERSE products are clinical stage and are supported by robust preclinical safety profiles. iSPERSE excipients include those with inhalation experience and that are generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by other routes of administration.
In addition, our team has a deep understanding of iSPERSE from feasibility to clinical manufacturing. We have made significant achievements in process development, scale up and manufacturing, demonstrating the potential of iSPERSE to enable important new inhalation products.